Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My first storm!



Ok, it really wasn't my first storm. Not the first storm I witnessed at least. The first storm I ever heard was in May, and I was terrified because there was thunder. And my human wasn't home at the time, which made it worse. Boy, did she hear about it when she got home!

Recently, I have enjoyed relaxing on the veranda if it isn't too hot outside. My human does allow me to sit on the veranda now and then, which is just fine with this housecat. Sometimes, I can even catch a bug to eat out there. They are fun snacks! But the other day, this wind came up and made me mad. It blew dust on my pretty black fur and that pissed me off. So I went inside. It spoiled my lazy afternoon of people watching on the veranda!

The other night, it was really windy and there was lightning. My human is so weird; she wanted to watch it. So she went on the veranda to do just this. Well, I couldn't let her face such danger on her own! I mean, it was so windy I couldn't imagine the kinds of things that would blow into her blonde fur! I figured she'd need some backup out there, so I joined her on the veranda.

Quel surprise, I enjoyed it! There was electricity in the air and we were hoping to see rain. I am not sure what rain is, but it must be good if my human likes it. So I stayed on the veranda for an hour with my human during the wind and lightning storm. I did have to hide a couple times, which is what I'm doing in the photo here. But my human said I was a very brave kitty! Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home